Ironwood, MI asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Wisconsin

Q: What can I do about an insurance agent who falsified documents to have me charged with a crime?>

My roommate and I purchased a policy which I paid for. We had a fire at the home. The insurance agent deleted my name from the policy then turned in a report to the DA that I illegally obtained proceeds from the fire. My bank statements and original policy documents proved that to be false. The agents friend showed the cancelled insurance check in a local bar/restaurant after taking it from the bank where she was employed, What can I do to get all this fraud corrected and off my record?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank Pasternak
Frank Pasternak
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Brookfield, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: Contact the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance at 1-800-236-8517 and file a complaint. Also, you may wish to call the local police department.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.