Glendale, AZ asked in Family Law and Child Support for Arizona

Q: I'm in the State of ARizona. My wife had a child support hearing without me knowing what can I do to change the order?

THey are asking for over 70% of my income. SHe makes a lot more than I do and I have the kids 60% of the time so I know she had to have lied to the court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter H. Westby
Peter H. Westby
  • Scottsdale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I recommend that you hire an attorney to challenge the order. If the court that entered the child support order is located in another state, you will need to hire an attorney in that state to assist you. Unfortunately, this situation is not uncommon. But, if you act promptly and provide complete information to the court, your attorney can often correct the court order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.