Tampa, FL asked in Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: LandLord signed a letter to resolve lease and return SD as long as i'm out the house by the listed date. Is this legal

I've been in house for about a month which has numerous issues along with bug infestation and horrible dead animal odor. code enforcement has documented most of the issues but i'm just looking to move out by the date given in the signed letter but want my SD returned, but the now aggressive Landlord has indicated he will not be returning my SD. I haven't received any eviction notice or letter so legally i would like to know what my option are.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tina El Fadel
Tina El Fadel
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Depending on your lease, you may be liable for the entire lease if you move out without resolving the claim with your landlord. If there is an agreement for you to move out on a certain date and the LL to return your deposit on a date thereafter, yes it is legal, make sure it is in writing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.