Phoenix, AZ asked in Workers' Compensation for Arizona

Q: I was injured 2015,and my supervisor was witness. My foot was swollen for over a week and I still went to work for 3 day

I told the secretary but nothing was done. What should I have done differently?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Friedman
Joel Friedman
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Thank you for contacting me with your work injury question. There is nothing you can do now about a 2015 injury, and in the future if you are hurt at work you are required to notify a supervisor or manager as soon as possible, and you are required to file your own claim with the Industrial Commission of Arizona. You can do that online by going to and completing the workers report of injury. You can also file a paper copy with the Commission at 800 West Washington St. in Phoenix. You can mail the report of injury, but there is no guarantee it will be processed and the best way to do it is online or in person. You are generally able to choose your own health care provider, although certain employers have the right to limit your options. The list of self-insured, authorized self-directing employers, is also available at the Industrial Commission website. You will only be paid for time missed from work if it is at the direction of a physician, and only if you miss more than one or two weeks of work.

I hope you are not injured again at any job, but you should feel free to contact us if you do have another injury. Thank you again for your contact.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.