Canton, MI asked in DUI / DWI for Michigan

Q: Im facing a OWI charge and I have CDL-A I was inside my personal car I have no record i want to keep cdla

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank B. Ford
Frank B. Ford
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Dearborn Heights, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: I'm not quite sure what your question is, but I can tell you that if you receive a conviction for a drinking and driving offense, you will lose your CDL for a year. Your best route is to get an attorney who handles OWI charges as the main part of their practice, and let the attorney see what can be done to try to save your CDL. Sincerely, Frank B. Ford

Jasmine D. Rippy agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.