Montgomery, AL asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Divorce for Alabama

Q: If my full name is stated in another couples divorce decree, am i able to contest this section of the decree?

i have been listed in the decree by full name by the Ex Husband saying his Ex Wife, "my best Friend." is not allowed to have any communication with me what so ever. Is he legally able to do that and/or can i contest the section of the decree that states my name? My friend doesn't want this to happen but has no legal counsel and is scared to contest this herself.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: I would have to see the order before I could comment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.