Kansas City, MO asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Missouri

Q: Need help with appealing a eviction judgement that was unlawful

they gave me a eviction judgement without giving ne tine to find sonething speaking we are a family of three all disabled.. two are my sons

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: I am sorry that a judgment for possession was entered against you. You have not given any explanation as to why you believe the judgment was "unlawful." Regardless, I suggest you begin making quick plans to vacate if there has not yet been an execution. You could contact legal services in your area, but realize that it is not easy to find free representation, especially if an appeal to the court of appeals is necessary.

The fact that you and your sons are disabled is sad and I don't mean to sound harsh, but from a legal perspective it is probably not relevant to the question of whether you had honored your payment obligations to your landlord.

Best wishes nonetheless.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.