Worcester, MA asked in Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: Question about my criminal case

was wondering about my drug trafficking case, allegedly drugs were found on person while driving and allegedly at a house I was seen staying at my motion was allowed to suppress such drugs found and motion to dismiss is the next thing to be filed the question is if the case gets dismissed and since they confiscated the car I was in and the car my roommate was driving both registered in my name what are the chances of me getting them back maybe including money taken aswell

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan P. Sullivan
Ryan P. Sullivan pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Andover, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Hello,

The answer to your question relies in large part on the facts leading up to the seizure of the car and the money, as well the status of the forfeiture proceedings. Most of the time, when a motion to suppress is granted in a drug distribution or trafficking case, the forfeiture action is not successful (the owner gets it back) because the evidence in the forfeiture case would likewise be suppressed. You should speak to an attorney about the specifics of your case. They can advise you about the appellate timetable, the final order on the motion, and the forfeiture action status.

Good luck,


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.