Philadelphia, PA asked in Small Claims and Traffic Tickets for New Jersey

Q: Can I get a parking ticket for pulling up in front of friends house to drop him off there were cars parked on the righ

So we came back from the store and I pulled in front of a friends house to drop him off there were parked cars on the right where you park but I was dropping him off so I stopped in front of his house and I saw a car coming from the back it was like a back street with house around and street so when I saw this car I pulled to the right so they can pass then they came closer and closer and soon they stopped behind us didnt turn on there lights but pointed the flash light then came up to the car and told us somene called them because of a car parked outside so then the cops told me to get out and that they were going to check the car then he took me to the back of my car and searched me he said he spelled marijuana and it anything was in the car I told him no he searched and found nothing he found something I had marijuana in a year ago it smelled nothing like it but I told him yea I mightve but it would be a year ago then he gave me my stuff back with a parking ticket-from New Jersey

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: I would not complain about the parking ticket because the year old marijuana was still good enough to give you a criminal charge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.