Asked in Immigration Law

Q: I am married from u.s citizen since 2005 and I filled for( I 485 ) and I had an Approval for my case and they issued an

Employment Authorization on 2006 for one year and I had to renewed on 2007 then they called us for an interview on Sept 2007 and my wife couldn't take a day off work and on Oct 2007 I had to leave u.s for an emergency reason in my home country and I didn't file for travel doucment to reentry to u.s and my lawyer said to me I am not allowed to reenter u.s for 10 years and now is more than 10 years so what can I do to reenter to u.s and we still married till this moment and I wanna to go back to my wife.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: Your wife can sponsor you for a green card by submitting form I-130 and attachments to the USCIS. Once it is approved, you can apply for an immigrant visa in your country.

Carl Shusterman

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.