Asked in Personal Injury

Q: On Father’s Day my father pulled out a shard of metal from inside his mouth after eating a chicken ball

Chicken ball was from a Chinese take out , my father thought he had broke his tooth but then pulled out a piece of metal

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Benjamin W Scott
Benjamin W Scott

A: Sorry to hear about your father's experience. I hope that he is OK. If he did not break his tooth or suffer any serious injury, your best bet might be to write a letter to the restaurant explaining what happened. You want to make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

If he did suffer injury, you may want to talk to a personal injury lawyer to see if there is a case. These cases can be very difficult without any evidence. Did you save the piece of metal? Did you take pictures of the metal that was in the food? Did you make a report of biting into the metal while you were at the restaurant? That will be the evidence you want to show the lawyer when you meet.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.