San Francisco, CA asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Constitutional Law and Probate for California

Q: Can my grandparents estates be stop and challenge because of wrongful people failed to seperate the property

More then five years ago my grandparents left behind estate and trust to me years ago but I never recieved anything who every had authority to past the assets down never followed the law and furthermore they still hold the property and trust until this day not flowing through on my grand father wishes these people have taken everything and disregarded any wishes that my grandparents desired. Can I file petition in the courts and stop this and have the estate and the trust account rightfully put in my name due to there neglagence of the law and not properly transfering the estate rightfully to true beneficuary me and have them taken off because of there wrongful actions by law

1 Lawyer Answer
David L. Crockett
David L. Crockett
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sorry to hear about your situation. The simple answer to your question is "yes". A court petition (lawsuit) can and should be filed as soon as possible before the assets are gone and dissapated. You need to have a lawyer review the entire situation and see what papers have been filed in the court system and in the county land records as things may have been done without you being notified.

Please refer to my blog article on trust distributions which you may find helpful.

Also, there are other articles on my blog and website describing trust administration and what should have been done when your grandparents were both gone.

David L. Crockett, attorney/CPA/broker/Martindale Hubble AV preeminent rating

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.