Avondale, AZ asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Arizona

Q: I'm being charged disorderly conduct -weapon/instr but had no firearm on my presence before or during the arrest

I would like to know what I can do against my charges

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Zachary Divelbiss

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Glendale, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Hello, you are facing a serious charge so thank you for reaching out to get some help. Based on what you have briefly mentioned, you should strongly consider hiring an attorney to help you with your case and get the charge either reduced or dismissed. We are located in Glendale and will be happy to speak with you about this charge and the consequences you could be facing. Feel free to reach out at your convenience and our consultations are free. zach@divellaw.com or 480-935-6545

Matthew Maerowitz

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Disorderly conduct is a frustrating charge in my experience as a criminal defense attorney because it many times gets charged when there isn't much more than an argument. In your case, the State is alleging aggravated facts because it sounds like it is being charged as a felony. How it is alleged will give you an idea of what you are potentially facing. Without knowing more, it is hard to advise what you can do against charges.

I highly recommend consulting a few criminal attorneys and hiring someone you are comfortable with. Many firms, including mine offer free consultations. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to represent you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.