West Wareham, MA asked in Workers' Compensation for Massachusetts

Q: I have been out on workman's comp since April I went to an orthopedic who recommended surgery got approved for it

Then about 6 weeks later they called and said they could not negotiate a price so I went to their doctors and now he wants physical therapy again and gave me a whole new diagnosis. Not sure if I should get a lawyer or not they are only paying me a little portion because I can go back light duty but work can not accommodate me and now I'm struggling to pay bills .any input would be appreciated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael O. Smith
Michael O. Smith
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: It sounds like your medical provider is looking for payment above the rates of reimbursement WC is required to pay and therefore will not proceed with the story. Or it's your doctor just changing is opinions regarding the need for future medical care.

I suggest you contact an experienced WC attorney to help you. If you are unable to perform any work due to your injury, you have a right to file a WC claim to increase your benefits to total disability. I recommend you speak with an attorney to look into the feasibility of filing a WC claim to increase your benefits

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.