Clovis, NM asked in Traffic Tickets for New Mexico

Q: i Got pulled over with my learners permit and I have to go to court by a certain date. What’s going to happen ?

I’m 17 and I have all my stuff to get my provisional it’s actually past the date I should have got it. I got a perfect score on my driving test and this is my first time getting pulled over I was going 44 in a 35 and I had 2 other people in the car with me there’s no amount for me to pay it just says I have to make a court appearance. I don’t know if I should proceed to get my provisional and bring it to court with me or what to do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Glenn Smith Valdez
Glenn Smith Valdez
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Albuquerque, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: Get your provisional and go to court. Negotiate with the officer and ask him or her tax agree to a deferred sentence. You will pay court costs but if you get the deferred sentence And don’t get any tickets for 90 days your record will remain clean.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.