Stockbridge, GA asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: Involved in rear ended car accident, with my grandson in the car. My car was extremely damaged and was towed.

My grandson and I were stopped and then rear ended hard. Massive damage to my car and believe its totaled. Plus it has left me with suffering and injuries. We went to the hospital..whiplash, neck pain, back sprain, and headaches...The other driver was issued a citation by the police. She provided an insurance card and gave her name. However, its been discovered days later, she gave police and myself, the previous owner's insurance policy. It was not her policy. She bought the SUV only a week ago but presented the policy to us that was in the previous owner's name. Will that matter regarding who will now pay for all the damages and personal injury? What should I do now? This is so confusing

1 Lawyer Answer
Titus Thomas Nichols
Titus Thomas Nichols pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Marietta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You will need to consult with an attorney on how to go after someone who did not provide insurance st the time of the wreck. Seek out an attorney who is experienced with litigating complex car wrecks.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.