Boston, MA asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for New Hampshire

Q: Hello. we've just purchased a house (closing was 4 days ago) and a few events make us suspect foul play from owner

Hello. we've just purchased a house (closing was 4 days ago) and a few events make us suspect foul play from owner who has been all along passive aggressive, disappointed with the price the house got sold for. He must have closed the water pump and opened the kitchen sink valve leading to flooding of the basement. We had to call a plumber to figure out what had happened. We can't though prove that the owner had done this but we have a high suspicion. There were other minor coincidences that make us believe that.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You may be able to demand an Arbitration proceeding, but that is under California Law. California has different laws than Massachusetts. Under California laws, most real estate purchase agreements contain such clauses. I don't know what Mass. laws say. You should review the paperwork. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.