Omaha, NE asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Iowa

Q: Is there any thing I can do about a man making a sexual video tape of me while I was past out due to intoxication?

This man came to me a year ago wanting dna testing done on my 15 year old son. I was not aware I even had intercoarse with this man until people started telling me they seen a video of me past out. I rented an upstairs room in this man's house, about 17 years ago. I never dated him. I moved out of his house when friends told me about a video this man had filmed while I was past out. I never seen the video, I was assured by a friend that it was destoryed. I had no contact with this man til A year ago, he messaged me wanting to know how his son is. This man came into over a million dollars when he turned 50 and had money for dna testing. He also wanted to be in my son's life. The paternity of my son was granted by default to the man I named as his father. At the time I was unaware I had intercoarse with anyone else. I am not sure if I am making any sense. The whole situation is overwhelming, I have tried so hard to forget about this man and his actions. What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Erik Luthens
Erik Luthens
  • West Des Moines, IA
  • Licensed in Iowa

A: You may have the grounds to go forward with a criminal complaint through the local county attorney’s office as well as a civil action against the man in question. I suggest that you immediately contact an attorney in Iowa who handles civil litigation.

Erik Luthens


Luthens Law Offices, P.C.

1200 Valley West Drive, Ste. 304-01

West Des Moines, IA 50266

Tel: (515) 222-1697 Fax: (515) 222-2655

e-mail: website:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.