Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Iowa Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Iowa on
Q: I was wondering if you could tell me where I could find someone who has this v2k tracker machine so that I could get hel

Patent History

Publication number: 20200390360

Type: Application

Filed: Aug 19, 2020

Publication Date: Dec 17, 2020

Inventor: Da LI (West Covina, CA)

Application Number: 16/997,656

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 19, 2023

If you are experiencing distressing or unusual symptoms, it is recommended to consult with a medical or mental health professional who can evaluate your symptoms and provide appropriate treatment options. They can also provide guidance on resources for coping with your symptoms and connecting you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for Iowa on
Q: I'm on probation an I got my first violation for taking NyQuil my test came back positive for alcohol what will they do

What will what happen to me

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Feb 28, 2023

The Nyquil defense rarely works. This article explains why:

The quantity of Nyquil taken for a cold is just too small by itself to cause an alcohol test to come back positive.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Small Claims for Iowa on
Q: Can my dads friend come after me for $1100 to fix his truck after accident with a mini bike without an insurance claim?

I was in an accident where I lost control of my friends minibike and hit his dads, friends truck. I suffered a broken wrist due to it and two days after the incident, the guys wife reached out saying the estimated cost to fix the truck was $1100 and that I would rightfully have to pay it because... Read more »

Tim Bottaro
Tim Bottaro
answered on Oct 6, 2021

If they turned the claim into their insurance company and it was paid, the insurance company would have a right to go after you for reimbursement.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for Iowa on
Q: Is our American civil rights being violated if we are required to wear a mask at work
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 14, 2020

An Iowa attorney could answer your question best, as it could also involve elements of state constitutional or employment law. But as a general matter, such safety measures are being upheld on the basis of protecting public health.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Gov & Administrative Law for Iowa on
Q: How do I apply to be on the board for Iowa?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 22, 2019

It would depend on the board; there are many boards within the state that cover different areas, and each would likely have its own process, whether through appointment, election, application, or other route. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Iowa on
Q: I need to know if I was illegally searched.

I am from a small town in Iowa. The other night I was test riding my small dirt bike after making repairs. On my way back home I got pulled over by a sheriff that knows who I am. I have never been confrontational with the police and have absolutely no violence on my record. The sheriff with his red... Read more »

Katherine Sears
Katherine Sears
answered on Apr 30, 2019

Based on the facts presented, you may have a basis for getting the search suppressed, particularly if there wasn't a valid reason for the stop. Talk to an attorney about this; you need someone to review whatever evidence the state has and help you make an informed decision about how to proceed.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Iowa on
Q: Can the police keep my id after taking it from my parents house?

The police had a search warrant to search my parents house because it is my mailing address. They took my wallet with my id in it and I’m having issues getting it returned.

Katherine Sears
Katherine Sears
answered on Dec 21, 2018

What sort of issues?

If the police seized your wallet, including ID, pursuant to a warrant, it's possible they're retaining it as evidence or possible evidence. You could try looking into whether you can get a temporary ID in the meantime.

Please don't talk to the...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Civil Rights for Iowa on
Q: Walmart is searching customers after they've paid, as they try to leave the store.

I don't need help, BUT.... I’m in Iowa. Lately, I've gotten into heated arguments w/”Greeters" at several different Walmarts in three different towns, after seeing them stop customers & SEARCH through their items that have already been paid for as the shoppers attempt to... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Aug 9, 2018

Here is a law review article from 2009 discussing this issue

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Iowa on
Q: Is there any thing I can do about a man making a sexual video tape of me while I was past out due to intoxication?

This man came to me a year ago wanting dna testing done on my 15 year old son. I was not aware I even had intercoarse with this man until people started telling me they seen a video of me past out. I rented an upstairs room in this man's house, about 17 years ago. I never dated him. I moved... Read more »

Erik Luthens
Erik Luthens
answered on Jul 22, 2018

You may have the grounds to go forward with a criminal complaint through the local county attorney’s office as well as a civil action against the man in question. I suggest that you immediately contact an attorney in Iowa who handles civil litigation.

Erik Luthens...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Iowa on
Q: How long can the police hold something over your head before they can no longer charge you, & is it legal?
Erik Steven Fisk
Erik Steven Fisk
answered on May 8, 2018

It depends on how long the statute of limitations is for the charge, and yes, they can wait for that time period to file charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.