Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Juvenile Law and Probate for Alabama

Q: My brother-in-law died recently. He had two daughters. One is under age (14) and the other is 21.

The 21 yrd. applied for adm. of estate and received a sum of life insurance money. She then kicked the sister out and is selling her father's things. I have nothing to gain in this but I feel the minor is being mistreated. She lost her father and her home. Can someone help her legally? The minors uncle took custody of her so she would have somewhere to live. At the time of his death, the older sister had been kicked out and was living with her boyfriend and their baby. Only the father and the minor ( who's mother died of cancer about 8 years ago) lived in the house. My brother-n law had told me that he had made a will and took the older daughter out of everything. No will could be found. The person that he left the 1,000,000 life insurance to has been managing the money and I have no idea how. Thanks for any concern from anyone. The minor has lost both parents and is now being shafted by her sister, who still has her mother alive. I pray that the right things take place. Thanks!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: Keep praying..... but hire a probate lawyer to help you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.