Capitol Heights, MD asked in Child Support, Criminal Law, Family Law and Civil Rights for Maryland

Q: Hello. I need advice. My dad is in competent of court for non payment of child support.

I have suspicion he is driving under a suspended license which is suspended. He has a warrant out for his arrest and no effort has been successfully made to find him. I have an idea where he may be. What steps do I need to take to protect myself and if I do find him can I perform a citizens arrest on him? Would this be recommended? Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Pugliese
Elizabeth Pugliese
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Stay out of it. It is not your job to resolve this problem. Citizens' arrests aren't really a thing anyway. Let the court system handle this. Let your Mom handle it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.