Antioch, TN asked in Civil Rights for Arkansas

Q: Filings a civil rights suit against city. Onesided bs statement,I asked to speak attorney n was arrested . NO mod

Charged d felony theft 5-25,000$, jailed, $7500 bond, lost electrical apprenticeship, my own business name stained beyond, two years of continuances, name in paper, business fails eventually forced moved out of the county to avoiding police harassment. Public defender said entire two years the prosecutor is going to nolle prosequi yet never happened. Now pub def wants me to give statements to new investigators. I refused b/c uncles were attorneys and always said every word u say even if innocent, can b twisted or hurt in long run. I also have evidence the accusations were lies to police. What do I need in order to prove misuse of power by dept any prosecutors. Investigator had a personal problem with me searched my house not finding ANY evidence. Sick of playing nice w crooked prosecutor, pub def, judge, city pd. Told pub def I want a jury trial and every jury term rolls around only to b told same lines. Ready for it to be over n 100% feel pub def doesn’t have my interest! Thank u!!!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: It would be useless and a waste of time to file anything until you beat the charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.