Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Small Claims and White Collar Crime for Georgia

Q: Someone stole my personal property worth atleaar $3000 actually more and tried to get police involved no help

No help from law because thief is a rat for police. Property was one bedroom home my disabled husband built after his mother gave it to him when his father passed away, and we moved to property and built and we know who stole it and where it is currently located but police won't do anything. My husband is disabled and we live on $750 a month and can not get any help at all. What can we do? We would love to prosecute him and get our home back and if possible do something to police for allowing a drug rat to get by with stealing our home and trading it foe drugs and put us homeless on the day of my brother in laws memorial 3 years ago today August 31, 2015. We need someone to help. It happened in Banks County, Baldwin, GA. Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If somebody stole from you file a police report and/or file a civil lawsuit against the person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.