Amesbury, MA asked in Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: Can a court mandate anger management if a person has not gone through probation or had explicit orders from said court.

My boyfriend was sent to magistrate for a case. Was told to stay off of fb acct because of filing false report and have no contact w person. Got letter in mail stating proof of anger management. No such program information was provided at time of appointment. What course of action is necessary?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dakota Martin
Dakota Martin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boston, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Is there another magistrate hearing or date to go back?

I would politely contact the court (in person), and simply inquire about the anger management. They may just clear up the issue and solve your problem. Or they may tell you that the magistrate put notes in the file that your boyfriend has to complete some program. If that's the case DO IT.

The classes are easy and if the result is no criminal case, no criminal record, case dismissed. . . it's a win win.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.