Gibsonia, PA asked in Real Estate Law and Small Claims for Pennsylvania

Q: Home inspection company billed for services that weren't provided and falsified reports. Can we sue them?

We paid the home inspection company additional fees to do a well flow test which needed to be done to obtain our FHA loan. They passed our house. After we purchased, we experienced issues with the well. The plumber/well driller we called failed our house for the well flow test and stated he worked for the previous owners as well and the house failed a well flow test for them and he recommended they re-dig the well. He stated the house should not have passed inspection. We went back to our home inspection company and now they are saying they did not do a well inspection and we must have been charged for it in administrative error. Can we sue them for charging for a service they didn't provide, and lying about the house passing during the home buying process?

We are now facing $5,000+ to have new well dug.

The sellers did not disclose the well issue even though they did know about it. The plumber stated he would testify and has previous invoices if we wanted to pursue legal action.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Tarasi
Elizabeth Tarasi
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Yes you should be able to bring an action against the inspection company and the sellers.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.