Newport Beach, CA asked in Elder Law for California


My eldest adult son obtained Orange County Superior Court determination that I do not have the capacity to handle my own financial and health care decisions. I need you to defend me. Please tell me what type lawyers will help me and defend me. Please explain to me your plan.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sally Bergman
Sally Bergman
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • San Mateo, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sir, please try to delete your personal information from your question as it is not appropriate for any attorney here to contact you directly. You need to look for an attorney here and then contact them.

It does sound as though your son is attempting to establish a conservatorship over you, although I'm not clear how far that process has progressed. If so, the court will appoint an independent attorney to represent you, although you are always free to retain your own. There are some very qualified elder law attorneys in Orange County that can assist you. You should contact one as soon as possible as there are strict time limits.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.