Tucson, AZ asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Arizona

Q: Should I file to modify child support? Modify parenting time? Decision making authority? Custody? All of the above?

My ex was supposed to have the kids every other weekend plus 2 weeks of vacation. In the 6 months since the parenting agreement went into effect he has not once taken them for the agreed upon time. He has not seen the kids in the last 8 weeks. This last weekend he emailed them both telling them not to text or call him unless it is a life threatening emergency. I believe he is drinking again(which was an issue in the original duvorce) and I fear him mentally abusing the kids. Is there anything I can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randi Sirlin
Randi Sirlin
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Yes, there are things you can do. You can file a motion to enforce, a motion for contempt, an ex-parte motion to have him tested and an emergency motion to terminate his parenting time.

I suggest you contact an experienced family law attorney to assist you. Hope this helps!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.