Gretna, LA asked in Constitutional Law for Mississippi

Q: Okay I xxx was shot in July 31 2016 in my abdomen in which the bullet exited my back authorities here in

Newton county was informed from Me who the alleged shooter was as well as the shooters orchestrator I after being dismissed from hospital went to local headquarters gave my statement both parties had been charged but still my case haven't been heard in front of grand jury and it's now past two years I've called only to receive inaccurate information in regards to when my case was to be pursed I after a year and a half contacted the dea and they seemed alarmed about this fact about two weeks later the deputy came and asked me for my medical records in which it thru an alarm but after that stated I would be on the next docket in which again false information provided in regards to my case was wondering if I had grounds to purse charges against the county authorities for dangering my life giving them the opportunity to post bond after committing such crimes towards me providing false information in regards to my case pain and suffering not being able to sleep knowing that my shooter is fr

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: Sadly, no. When it comes to pursuing a case, it is within the prosecutor's discretion as to when the case is presented to the grand jury. In other words, there really is no way to force the local law enforcement or DA into speeding things up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.