Radcliff, KY asked in Car Accidents for Kentucky

Q: I live in Kentucky and left car parked on side of freeway went back and it was totaled insurance paid for the car but

I’m out the $7,500 for down payment on new car also car payments went up added two more years on a loan and insurance went up none of this would have happened before the accident wondering if I’m entitled to get anything back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. The $7500 downpaymrnt and the higher monthly payments were voluntary on your part. You could have purchased a cheaper car and reduced these amounts. These issues are not a direct and proximate result of the accident.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.