Union Grove, AL asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: Hello, I am 75 years old, I have filed for divorce in Florida, we live with our son in Alabama,

Last night she called the police because I asked her to pay the bills on the 4th of next month, the police came and asked me to leave, I am a senior disabled handicapped male with 8 back surgeries and an Cardiac stent.

I see no reason for this type of treatment by the police, I had to leave the premises for an hour they said if they were called again I would go to jail. unfortunately I feel that she will make up a story and have me put in jail, what can I do?

I am on many medications, she does not cook or clean house, this seems like a case of elderly abuse, what can I do.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: I am an Alabama Lawyer. I don't handle Fla. divorces

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.