Manitowoc, WI asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Wisconsin

Q: Were can I find legal aid in manitowoc Wisconsin for divorce and custody and support payments my husband took it all

I have no access to bank account because he never added me and put our house only in his name and us emotionally abusive and was at times physical abusive I have no access to funds he took everything away from me would not let me wrk because he didnt want to loose state insurance or food stamps I finally got a job last week but dont get paycheck till 9/21 and I'm only going to wrk 20 hrs what can I do to get help for me and our kida

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Try contacting: Calumet/Manitowoc Public Defender Office, 933 South 8th Street, Ste. 102 Manitowoc, WI 54220-4534, Phone: 920-683-4690

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.