Lansdale, PA asked in Bankruptcy for Pennsylvania

Q: How can I find out if my bankruptcy went thru lawyer filed paperwork to court but wont return about court date.

I submitted all paperwork bank statements paystubs. He completed court paperwork had me sign was supposed to set court date

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Cary B. Hall

  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Call the bankruptcy clerk. Since you're in Lansdale, I'm presuming that you filed in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (in Philly). That number is (215) 408-2800. Call them tomorrow and see what you can find out.

Best of luck to you.

W. J. Winterstein Jr.

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Boyertown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You can also go to the Bankruptcy Court Clerk's office and ask to examine your court file, which are public records. If you don't know your Bankruptcy Case No., your social security number will give you access.

Alternatively, you can search online through (joining is free and easy, and gives you access to all court records with either a social security number or the bankruptcy case number.

The first hearing in every consumer bankruptcy case is the "341 hearing", or first meeting of creditors. The court clerk notifies everyone involved and identified on the bankruptcy schedules, that is, all creditors, but also the debtor and his lawyer, of the setting of the first meeting of creditors, the address of the court, and other important dates.

A lawyer has a professional duty to respond to a client's inquiries. If you cannot get your lawyer to respond, you can contact the Pennsylvania Bar for assistance with that issue.

Timothy Denison

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Call or go to the bankruptcy clerks office in your district. They call tell you everything you need to know about your case (but they cannot give legal advice).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.