Columbus, GA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Child Custody for Alabama

Q: Are there any Juvenile Court Pro Bono Lawyers in Alabama?

Issues with DHR, I want my kids back and I want them out of my life. I still don't know the results of their investigation they began in February. Never received a letter of indicating or not indicating child abuse/neglect. Never failed their drug test, they have been harassing me. Filed for dependency due to financial situation, and not go to trial. Since that, they gave me sister custody, and have not allowed me to continue with services, which is what the court order states, and have decided they'll be closing the case on November 2. Why are they closing my case? Why and how did they take my son? Why are they closing the case so fast? Why am I not allowed to work through their program and get my son back? They literally were at my home knocking on my door every 3 months for an investigation. Every time I was drug tested, never failed, and always found not indicated for child abuse.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Robertsdale, AL

A: You need a lawyer to represent you. I don't know of anyone who does this for free in your jurisdiction. You should call the bar association in the county where the case is and get some help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.