Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What proof is necessary for a strong case against an ex who has been harassing my family and I for 8 years with fake #s

I cheated on my wife with this woman in 2009. Lasted a few months, were intimate once. Decided to separate and work on our marriages. She however changed her mind and started blowing up my phone. She has in the last 8 years called, and texted my wife and I with hundreds of fake numbers. She has emailed us 100s of times from fake email accounts. She has created 100s of facebook accounts to reach out to mine and my wife's family. I recently decided to reply to one of the texts she sent from another new fake number to see if I could get her to confess to her illegal activities. The problem is, since she hasn't contacted us from her real number, I cant prove that it's her in a court though repeatedly in our recent text conversations, I have taken her name and she corrected me and asked that I call her by Mrs. "Her husband last name". My question is, what do I need as proof to have a strong enough case to press criminal charges so that this can stop. Any guidance is appreciated. I'm in PA.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Cary B. Hall

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I suggest you contact your local police and ask them directly.

Best of luck to you.

Dawn Padanyi

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact law enforcement immediately. You may also consider changing your phone number.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.