San Mateo, CA asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Ohio

Q: family home was quit deed to the next in line but they never proceeded in probate court due to taxes what can we do now?

can they quit deed the home to another family member without probate court? the home may be going into foreclosure soon also.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Joseph Jaap

  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: There is no way to answer this question without reviewing the deed and all the facts. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local probate attorney who can review all the real estate records, facts and circumstances, and then advise of options to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.