Mount Juliet, TN asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina

Q: My fiancé was arrested for fc bench warrant they sentenced to 30 days he’s asked for a pd but hasn’t talked to one yet

He was arrested on the 5 of sept. He was never notified as to how much in arrearages and he told the judge that he had lost his job his wages were never garnished and his license was never revoked. What can I do to get him out it was set with a no bond. He was awarded visitation as well but she doesn’t let him see them. She has an excuse why they can’t go every time. I’m willing to make payment arrangements with a lawyer but I need legal help please.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Your question doesn't state which county family court his child support case is in. You should obtain a copy of the court order from that hearing and then make an appointment with a lawyer who practices family law in that county and get advice. The lawyer will need to see the court order from the hearing as well as the court order that awarded child support and visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.