Sebastian, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: My boyfriend was arrested while out on bond in another county. That bond was dropped. What do I do now?

He was out on bond in St Lucie County & arrested in Indian River County. I cant bond him out & the original bondsman dropped bond so he wont FTA. He is in IRC jail. He has court in st lucie Oct 1 & court in IRC Oct 3. I dont know what to do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin John Mawn
Kevin John Mawn
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Titusville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: A new arrest is grounds to revoke the St Lucie County bond. In other words, even if you post the bond in Indian River, the prosecutor in St Lucie could ask the court to keep your boyfriend in jail until his trial date. By coming off the bond in St Lucie, your boyfriend is now receiving credit for time served on both cases. Consult with your lawyer before making any decisions. Alert the lawyer in st Lucie that his client is in Indian River. If he doesn’t have a lawyer, call the judge’s judicial assistant and inform her that you boyfriend is in custody in another county.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.