Amarillo, TX asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Oklahoma

Q: What can my niece do to get her child support that the judge ordered.

She was to get child support. She has custodial rights. 2 months ago. She says she is waiting on her lawyer and he is not doing what he needs to do to put it in place. She is now having to work 2 jobs trying to make it. kids are 14 and 12. Zero help from the father in raising them.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Cannon
John Cannon
  • Edmond, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: She needs to seek enforcement through the court with the assistance of counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.