Chicago, IL asked in Family Law for Illinois

Q: My wife is refusing to let me see or speak to my child. There is no court order. How do I approach this?

We have only been seperated for 1 month. We had agreed on sitting down to talk about a parenting plan and divorce. We had been taking turns (her ultimatums) with our daughter. She is now refusing to work on any arrangement because she got angry with me, and is withholding my child. Our daughter underwent extensive surgery July 31 in which we almost lost her. She is a high risk patient. She is on a very long road to recovery, and constantly needs supervision. My wife's trying to make all medical decisions without my consent.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dean Wilhelm Taradash
Dean Wilhelm Taradash
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You need to file for divorce ASAP! Feel free to call me so we can further discuss how best to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.