San Francisco, CA asked in Antitrust for California

Q: What's the best way for consumers to report potential price-fixing schemes?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Price fixing takes place when competitors enter into an agreement to set prices of goods, at the expense of their customers and the free trading market. If you identify a price fixing scheme, you have the ability to take action against the price fixers. If you believe the price fixers are breaking state law, you can contact your State Attorney General. If the price fixers are breaking federal antitrust laws, you can contact the Federal Trade Commission or the Department of Justice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.