Landing, NJ asked in Consumer Law for New Jersey

Q: How should I proceed with daycare if they have not paid me my deposit?

Contract states that after 90 days upon stating child will not return to school, daycare will refund deposit. On June 1, stated my children will not return to daycare beginning July 5. It is now October, well over the 90 days the daycare’s contract states they would return the deposit. How can I proceed with this? What are obligations of daycare?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William N. Sosis
William N. Sosis
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Hackettstown, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: This is a contract issue so the matter really depends on the language in your agreement. you've asked them for your deposit and they've unreasonably refused, you can file a lawsuit. The amount they owe you will determine how much you sue for, and how and where to file your lawsuit. But sometimes a single letter from an attorney can resolve the problem. You should contact an attorney for a no-cost consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.