Royse City, TX asked in Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: I got hurt at work. I slipped and fell, I had on my slip resistant shoes. I went to the doctor they told me too go to.

I didn't go to ER, I went on the 4th day after the fall. my fall was not my fault managers told me. They watched the video, and said it was a hard fall. My back, neck,and head hit hard. The first PA I saw he didn't really examine me. He wrote a note for me to not lift more than 15lbs, no running, dancing, no doing a lot of things. He prescribed me pain medicine only. I called them Monday because the pain meds was not helping me. I went in on Monday and I saw a different PA. He said I have muscle spasm all through my back. I told him the pain had gotten worse, he gave me a shot prescribed me different pain medicine and muscle relaxer. The paper that I'm to take back to work. Says that I'm improving not getting worse, I go back tomorrow and I will tell them to change the paper, because I never said I was getting better, I said worse. I asked for MRI on my neck and back, from the first PA. He said would have to wait 4-6 weeks for the swelling to go down. Can I request a second opinion?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Roy Lee Warren

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • San Marcos, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Whether you get a 2nd opinion depends on what for...If your employer had WC coverage you probably should request an ombudsman through DWC to assist you with your claim. The are appointed to help you by DWC and they are free.

S. Michael Graham

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I'm not sure exactly what your question is. My advice would be to contact a local workers' compensation attorney to advise you right away on your legal rights and responsibilities. Time really is of the essence for you to be provided with the best legal advice. Most attorneys will speak to you for free over the phone. My office does. I will be in trial today until after 1:00 pm. My staff will be available for general questions. Feel free to contact my office or a lawyer of your choice. You are not going to get all your answers here. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.