Belle Chasse, LA asked in Divorce and Military Law for Louisiana

Q: What would be good legal advice for a military spouse who suspects their spouse has been having an affair?

I’m a military spouse going through a divorce. My wife wanted one since she has been speaking to another man. I just found out the other day she went met with him and stayed in a hotel for a weekend. I have proof of receipts and other items but actual proof adultery has been committed. Neither of us signed any papers yet and we still live together. I’ve been wanting to go report this to her command but since I don’t any proof of adultery I don’t think I should.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You should hire a divorce lawyer before you report this to her command.

Douglas Lee Bryan

  • Marksville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: I would take what you have to an attorney who handles divorce matters and plan out your strategy. It's best to have your ducks in a row before you file.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.