Bamberg, SC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for South Carolina

Q: Son lives in Connecticut with his mother and he wants to stay with me but his mother isn't allowing this. What can i do

He was born in Columbia, sc and I currently pay child support.

He makes it known verbally that he wanted to come with me.

They have been in Connecticut for the past 5 years possibly.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
Cheryl Ann Truesdale
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Your question doesn't state whether there is a South Carolina court order granting custody to the mother and, if so, whether you still live in the county where the order was issues, and whether the mother ever registered the order in Connecticut. And your questions does not state the age of your son. Those are all important facts to know and discuss with a lawyer in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.