Greenville, TX asked in Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: My husband is in construction, working in amarillo, he came home and fell ill with a rare illness caused by environment

We live near dallas, and my husband works in construction, he was sent to amarillo, a week or two after coming home he fell ill, and had to go to the er. The dr.s say it is more common in the west than here, and really rare here. Workers comp, is saying he's denied, because they didnt receive medical records, but every dr and specialist they needed records from, say they never received a request for records. How can they deny because they said they didnt receive the records yet didnt send requests. They sent a letter saying it was because they couldnt prove he got it while working. Even though the drs all say he more than likely contracted it while working in amarillo. What do we do? hire a lawyer or just give up on it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

S. Michael Graham

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Hello:

I'm S Michael Graham. I'm sorry to hear your husband fell ill. In order to prove your accident is work related, you would need to get to a pulmonary specialist type doctor. A medical expert that can give an exact diagnosis. If he was working on an oil rig or at a specific location, you may be able to have the air tested. Without expert medical opinion stating it is more likely than not, he contracted the chemical at work, you cannot prove up the workers' comp injury. I will be at work Monday. Feel free to contact me at 214-358-6060.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.