Portland, OR asked in Criminal Law and Car Accidents for Oregon

Q: What can happen to me?

I was a passenger in a single vehicle accident. The driver fled but its my truck and I panicked and fled too. The truck flipped but no other cars were involved. I live in Hermiston, Umatilla County, Oregon

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandon C. Foy
Brandon C. Foy
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Stanfield, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You should not post online about or otherwise discuss this incident with anyone until you speak privately with an attorney. You can seek one out on your own, or you can contact the Oregon State Bar's Lawyer Referral Service. This service can refer you to a local lawyer who might be able to assist you with your legal matter, and entitles you to an initial consultation of up to 30 minutes for a maximum fee of $35. Any fees attorneys charge beyond the initial consultation, however, are not set and must be arranged between you and the lawyer.

The Lawyer Referral Service's hours are 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday, and they can be reached by phone at (503) 684-3763. You can also complete their Online Referral Request Form at https://www.osbar.org/public/ris/lrsform.html.

I wish you the best in finding an attorney to assist you and in getting this matter figured out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.