Fort Lauderdale, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: I put a 35,000 down on the house been paying the mortgage for 5 years..the house was supposed been in my and my grandda

Granddaugh name..she sold the house with out me knowing..told me my name wasn't on the deed and it should have been..I own 95.000 on the house she sold it for 126,000..down I am getting throw out and she will not give the 30,000 after the house was sold..can you help me get my money I am 72 years old and live on SS

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cheyenne Whitfield
Cheyenne Whitfield
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You can contact the local bar association where you live to get an attorney who can help. You need to file a stay to give you more time to get out of the property and file an action against your granddaughter for the alleged fraud and monies owed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.