Nashville, TN asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee

Q: I refused the blood test - is there any way to appeal the license suspension?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Hopefully you have not already had the opportunity for a Preliminary Hearing. Hire a competent attorney to represent you. It is up to the DA to move the Court to take your License. There may be problems with how it was requested or the arresting officer might not be available. If your DL is not revoked sooner, then you get indicted for this, DUI and other offenses, and it will be up to the Judge whether Implied Consent is violated and the exact Sentence. Again, hire a competent attorney today.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.