Asked in Domestic Violence for Alabama

Q: I had to call the cops on my exspouce for domestic violence dhr wants to meet for a investigation what's that consis of

The violence was not with my son but i was holding him when i got hit son was not harmed in any no longer with him and moved out

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: DHR is going to be looking at your ability to understand that you have to protect your child. They call this "protective capacity." They are going to look at the circumstances of the abusive behavior and what you may need to to to prevent this from happening again.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.