Dallas, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: My child father is always cursing at me when we discuss thing about my son should I just go ahead with Child support?

He can never seem to talk to me properlly I always have to ask him if he wants me son on weekends I always have to ask him about daycare money and he hasn't helped me get anything for my son when I asked him. He only sees his son two weekends out of the month. Im tired of getting cursed out everytime we talk can I just go ahead and put him on child support.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Rahlita D. Thornton

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can set up payments for child support. The Office of the Attorney General helps to set up child support orders for noncustodial parents. If you feel that they may be too busy and you would like personal attention I suggest you consult with an attorney near you. We see your location as Dallas. We are located in Houston and serve those in Harris County and surrounding counties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.